Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm officially old/uncool (In case there were any doubts)

Robin and I took my friend's daughter to the zoo yesterday. She'll be thirteen next month. I have been feeling the effects of her age on our relationship, in that she doesn't want to hang out with me anymore. A year ago I could call her up at the last minute to hang out and she was in. Now she's consistently busy with friends and phones and whatnot. When she was three she thought I was awesome. Now? Not so much.
Anyways. I have this kids CD that I burned for my summer school cooking class. One of the songs is about the zoo. My roommate and I like this particular song a lot. So we listened to it on the way to the zoo. And we sang along.
"Say Hi to the Zebra for me, Say Hi to the Zebra for me. If you're a Scorpio or
a Libra, Say Hi to the Zebra."

Needless to say, Ang was mortified in the car when there was no one to witness her association with us. Imagine her horror when we continued to sing this song as we walk throughout the zoo. I now recognize that I might want to try to be a little more "normal" if I want to see the kid again during the "everyone is looking at me" phase. Here's the thing. I'm only 27, which isn't even near old. And while I'm not traditionally "cool," I am fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

That sounds like a fantastic song. In fact, it sounds like a song I would make up. I suppose that is equally if not more embarrassing. Oh well, I've known that I'm "uncool" for quite some time, lol.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home