Friday, January 20, 2006

The Plan

There is a new book out called "the year of yes." It is one woman's story of how she accepted every invitiation for a date, no matter how much she thought the man asking did not fit her ideal. I can't say as I have any definite plans to read it, but I like the idea. I'm setting some rules for myself:
1. I will date more.
-just because I start seeing someone, does not mean that I can't continue persuing new men.
-I will talk to more people and meet more people. Instead of waiting for them to talk to me.
2. I will not get overly serious until the situation warrants it.


If at some point the relationship gets serious here are things that are important to me:
1. I want children. I don't want to give them weird names. I don't want to be a soccer mom. I want to go on family vacations. In a car. We can sing and play car games and still complain about it years later.
2. I want some freedom. I can't be with someone who would dissapprove of girls weekends or be distrustful. At the same time, I'm pretty happy to be a homebody so I don't think I could be with someone who wants to go out to the bars every weekend.
3. We should like each other's friends. Or at least most of them. I would like our home to be a place where there is a lot of hanging out.
4. I like to travel. I'd like to travel with my other. And maybe occasionally alone.
5. Shared money and seperate money. I don't want to be all crazy even with who pays for what, but I would like to have my own accounts too. Also the other must have a job. a steady job.
6. He has to love my cooking. I love to cook for people.
7. He has to love my dog and cat.

*This is a work in progress.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I like this post. The year of yes has a nice ring to it- I like the alliteration. The only problem I see with accepting every date is that one would have to get very good at letting people down after the fact. I guess you'd get good at telling men you're just not that interested, lol. I guess it would be good practice-it just seems easier to turn a man down before the date as opposed to after.

You can have my children.

I'd hang out at your house any day. I don't care if your future man likes me or not, all that matters is if your friends like him, not the other way around. =) jk

If he doesn't like your cooking you can invite me over.

You may be stretching with the "he has to like my dog" wish. Just want to put that out there-

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home