Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Irritations with old roommate

So today is laundry day. Or rather tonight I rushed home after taking my dog Audrey to the park and started cleaning. I've NEEDED to do laundry for about two weeks. I was about to do it last week, but I had to fly to Florida to visit my brother in the hospital. And since everything was dirty, much of what I packed was selected based on its nearness to being clean. Ick. Then I started my first almost real job on Monday, so I didn't get to it until tonight. I also half cleaned the kitchen. Here is my irritation of the day. Why can't my roommate ever wash her dishes. Now I don't mind washing cups and plates and silverware, but she has pans sitting on the stove from a batch of brownies that she baked two months ago. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating, but it has definitely been several weeks. I didn't eat the brownies. I'm not washing the pan. Actually the brownie pan hasn't been sitting empty on the stove all this time. She bakes (always in the middle of the night) then covers it with aluminum foil and lets it sit for a few weeks. Then she scrapes them out and sets them on the stove, where they sit until I finally break down and clean them. I have always been the messy one in my group of friends. D will back me up on that. This is the first person I have ever known who makes me feel like a neat freak. I have to go check the dryer now. Today's lesson is: messy is acceptable; insect attracting is putrid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home