Friday, January 06, 2006

Subpar Men

So the boy drama continues, both my own and the drama of friends. And this is what occured to me the other day. How is it possible that I have as many good girlfriends as I do (D, Leah, Jen, Marsha, Tweet and Devin (male but is going into girlfriend category), plus the social friends)? Seriously I find myself statistically luckly to have found each of them. Here's the thing..... Why do I slum it with substandard guys. I'm used to high quality platonic friends and yet right now I'm putting up with a guy who "sleeps" through the better percentage of our dates. D is feeling bad that she can't help her last non-commital, wishy-washy boyfriend recover more gracefully from their breakup. Leah is waiting for a guy to move over the friend hump (which I would say is her own delusion except for that he keeps planning their future marriage, home and children). I would not put up with half the shit from a platonic friend that I put up with from a guy. So why do I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Good question. Why do any of us?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Devin said...

Really-
Im moving over to the girlfriend department-
hmm.. oddly enough, i think thats a compliment!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home