Friday, January 20, 2006

Irritation with last boy

I have been thinking about the dating situation and I have decided to stop. Thinking, not dating. I quit smoking and have PMS at the same time this week, so I was feeling a little masochistic. I checked out the last guy's My Space thingy. I know it's a stupid thing to do, but my judgment was altered. There is a profile and one of the questions was: Do you have a crush on anyone? His answer: Sort of, but I wish she wasn't such a headcase.
I am dating the origin of this My Space account as sometime during the last few months, which was while we were doing something like dating. Based on the timing, I can make one of two assumptions. First, he was seeing other people. This "headcase" is not me. This theory would also clarify why he seemed so disinterested in me. Second, I'm the headcase. Here's the problem I have with this jackass calling me a headcase.
1. He was a horrible dater. He gave horrible signs that could only point to the fact that he was completely disinterested. If I didn't call him, he would wait easily a week and a half to make a call. Now this is not a huge deal in a casual relationship, but in the date preceding this lapse in communication he was all mushy and romantic. Remembering the date of our first meeting and recognizing an "anniversary" approaching. How am I supposed to know what is going on with this kind of flip-floppy behavior.
2. He stood me up twice and blew me off a couple times. The first time I was understanding. He works a lot, yada yada yada. The last time he stood me up, we were supposed to watch a movie at his house. He called the next day to say that he had fallen asleep. No apology, just an excuse. Rude, rude, rude, rude, rude.!
3. I never did anything headcasey. There are two items that he might have considered fitting. The first time he stood me up, I bitched to my roommate and she called and left him a not so nice message without my knowing it. Second, after the confusing behavior, I mentioned that I had thought he was blowing me off. I wasn't bitchy, I just made it known that I expect more.
4. Okay this is just petty, but it's my blog and I'm not using names. The sex was subpar.

Well that's enough of that. Here is what I have learned from this lesson. I am not slumming it anymore. Less attractive guys treat me no better than hot guys. In fact they have all these weird self-esteem issues, so if anything they are worse. Also, I'm not putting up with crap. Being stood up once is quite enough. Lastly, I need some kind of PMS sanity pill or a sedative so that I can sleep through the 3-5 crazy days. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home