Friday, August 18, 2006

I miss the beach


I spent three fab days in Salerno, Italy with my friend D. Here is what I realized: I need to live near the beach. I love to nap in the sun. I love to be tan. I love to hang around half naked, or rather bikini clad. It is impossible to be stressed after you've spent a few hours listening to waves. I'm much friendlier, as I'm sure D will attest to, after a few days of beach time. The question this leads to is........ Why am I living in the landlocked Midwest. Okay, there are the great lakes, but I wouldn't stick a toe into Lake Michigan for anything. Ick. I think my job hunt next year will propel me towards an ocean. Maybe I'll quit my day job and become a lifeguard. Though, I think they frown on the napping when your a lifeguard. Hmm. A beach job that allows napping, sunbathing and possibly reading. I'll have to do some research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home