Sunday, March 12, 2006

Have you seen my stapler?

I have never owned a full sized stapler. I always bought the miniature kind that fit in my backpack. Recently, my miniature stapler broke and I decided I should buy a full-sized stapler, now that I'm done with school. But I didn't want just any stapler. I wanted the Swingline, Rio-Red, 747 collector's edition stapler. More commonly known as the office space stapler.
I did a little research and there are two collector's editions- the rio red and the chrome. As soon as Office Max opened on Saturday morning, I called to see I they had my stapler in stock. The woman who fielded my call was quite hostile. She informed me that they did not have the stapler from the movie. I asked if they carried the chrome stapler and was told that no, they did not have the red stapler, all they had was burgundy. I told her that chrome is not red, it's chrome. Finally she went to look for the chrome stapler. Then she never came back to the phone.
Here is what I learned from the experience: If you are ever really bored, call up office max and start asking about staplers. It helps to use a nasally, mumbling voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home