Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boys Boys Boys

Ahhh, dating. So I have strongly felt for a long time that my dating life is so laughable that others might enjoy reading about it. Here it is.... Yes I will be accepting sympathy cards.
I am venturing into Match.com. I can't say as it is better or worse than more traditional means. Sometimes it's easier, if for no other reason than quantity. Sometimes it's frustrating. Just ask the guy who sued. Yes, the GUY. A big woohoo for pathetic-felling women everywhere. No chick is suing over a set up company done me wrong. So here are my selections. I'll try to be fair even when I'm feeling pissy.
Proposal guy: So I start up for round two of match(tried last year, see: coupon guy and lawyer fuck buddy guy). I see a profile. His pics are a little dorky, but he's well travelled and seems interesting. And honestly it's not like I'm busting the ceiling of cool. Does anyone even say cool anymore? I send a hello. He sends a hello. We meet up for a fun date. A little put-put. Hit some balls. Went for a walk. Very pleasant. We exchanged a few texts over the week. I invited him to let me throw tomatoes at him. It was a charity fundraiser downtown and really do we always have to act our age? He declined on the basis that it might injure his bumm shoulder. Really at least he could man up and say he doesn't want to get dirty. He asks for other ideas. I come up with two. One would be a day trip hiking, kind of a lot for a first date but the weather was nice. The second the zoo, could be two hours max.
He picked the former. I offered to pack a picnic. I made The Sandwich (D knows), brussell sprouts (yumm), apples, grapes and a nice bottle of Carmenere. And for dessert a small quadruple chocolate cake, my specialty. He picked me up and we headed out. Now on the way he was speeding and was pulled over. My history with men makes this situation tense. But he was great. Very relaxed. No swearing. I am now impressed. We continue on and arrive at the park. I feed him and as dessert is served I made a joke about only eating the meal so that I can eat dessert. He stated that most women are that way. Hmmmm, am I most women? Have I not differentiated myself?
We rented a canoe and set off on the lake. We enjoyed a nice paddling and took a swim. While I was floating he moved in for a kiss, but we both kind of sank and he just let it go. (Really, where's the initiative?)
After a while we paddled back and got set for hiking. We hiked up to a serene spot and sat enjoying the view. A tourist couple were taking pictures of each other and he offered to take one of them together. Sweet. We hiked a bit more, sat on another rock and enjoyed the view. He finally reattempted the kiss. It was good, though a bit dry. We sit and enjoy the scenery for a bit and he says, "this would be a great place to propose." I am a little taken aback so I jest, "it all depends on who you're asking. A girl in cute shoes would probably say no after you made her walk all the way up here." I mean really, there are just things that aren't discussed on the first several dates: politics, religion, bank accounts, how many kids, moving in together, and proposing come to mind.
He was hungry again and we set off to get dinner on the way home. We had a lovely dinner, nice conversation and on the way home he started asking leading questions. "Do you plan to live in this area?" He wants to stay around here. "How long have you been single?" Open for interpretation.
Upon arriving back at my place he helps me take my stuff in, takes a big poo in my bathroom and kisses me goodbye.
The next day I sent a text. Had a great time, Any good times for you next week. Now I know he has a busy week coming up, and I'd like to set up my own schedule, but I was hoping it might include a third date. He replies Had a great time too, busy week. And I don't want to take things too fast :) Yes he added a smiley face to that. What the fuck does that even mean? I replied Sounds good. Have a good week. Seriously. Who's taking things too fast? I wasn't talking about proposals. I was actually a little weirded out by it.
So here's the thing. Of the four guys I've met recently, this one seemed most normal. Clearly my judgement is impaired.
I'll keep you posted on this one, but I'm not optimistic.
Tongue Stud Guy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home