Monday, June 30, 2008

Gardening

I have taken up something like gardening. It started a few months ago with some seeds and and a random variety of containers to start the seeds. I had a selection of 10 different seeds and all went well until the tags (permanent marker on scotch tape) washed clean. I was left to guess based on teeny little shoots. I had plans to dig a garden in my backyard, but decided I didn't want to invade my short dog's territory. So I reworked a small landscaped area of my front yard with what I believed to be sugar snap peas, brussel sprouts, spinach and arugula. I was very excited by the progress of my garden until I realized that seventy five percent of the growth was actually weeds. Then my mom assured me that what I thought was brussel sprouts are not. I eventually conceded that they could be zucchini. Today I realized that my arugula looks a lot like tomatoes. My herbs are doing well in their hanging baskets. I thinned out my basil to share. It was growing like mad, but after an hour out of it's original planter it started to look wilted. I have it in pots and have been watering like mad. It looks like it will come around. Sometimes things just need to mope for while before they adjust to a new space. Yeah Basil for making a dramatic transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home